Food Tank | U.S. Only | 12 months ago
UnknownBeginner (0-23 months)Long-termOver 30 hrs/wk
Food Tank (foodtank.com) is the fastest growing global non-profit working to build a more sustainable food system.
The Content Coordinator will work closely with Food Tank senior staff on the following: designing an editorial program and calendar; editing and fact-checking; collecting, organizing, and managing web content; organizing resources and contacts; designing and executing the weekly newsletter; planning event- and partnership-based editorial content; and assisting in writing and outreach that will contribute to and help promote ongoing projects. The Food Tank’s Content Coordinator will also have the opportunity to manage a team of interns and fellows to carry out the needs of the position.
Food Tank publishes original content 365 days a year that is picked up regularly by dozens of major media partners. Food Tank also produces a chart-topping podcast, sells out Summits and other events across the world, and has more than 1 million combined social followers and 350,000 newsletter subscribers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven 1-3 years professional experience in research, writing, or editing for news sources, publications, or think tanks.
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for food and agricultural issues and/or social justice issues.
- Belief in the importance of accurate information and analysis to guide environmental decision making.
- Educational degrees–including a bachelor’s degree—related to communications, journalism, or food and agriculture. Master’s degree preferred.
- Work in media and communications field a plus. The work requires attention to detail and creativity.
- Experience managing teams including interns, fellows, or assistants.
- Experience in WordPress, Active Campaign, Asana, and/or Google Suite are a plus. Skills in event management are also preferred.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Bernard Pollack at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Food Tank Content Coordinator” in the subject line.