HubStaff | WorldWide | 3 months ago
UnknownIntermediate (2-5 years)Long-termOver 30 hrs/wk
The content marketer will primarily write and edit Hubstaff content, upholding grammar and voice standards and ensuring each task is meeting its primary goal. This role requires an eye for detail and consistency, often taking written content and bringing up to the highest possible quality. A deep understanding of audience, the topic itself, and content marketing is required. Being able to manage your own projects and take ownership of your work is important.
- Edit content for 10x quality and conversion
- Proofread and edit articles, web copy, blog posts, and emails
- Assist blog editor in moving projects forward and jumping in as needed
- Draft content (blog posts, emails) as needed, delivering on the goals of each piece
- Manage content projects and keep tasks moving forward
- Provide clear feedback that will improve processes and future content
- Uphold voice and tone of the brand, maintain standards
- Understand SEO best practices as it relates to writing and editing
- Suggest ways to improve content, whether with visuals or by bringing in expert advice
- Leverage data to make recommendations and content decisions
- Social media community management skills to increase the reach of our content
- An understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Experience writing and editing for a SaaS business
60% - Editing content
30% - Writing content
10% - Shepherding projects through the content process, managing tasks
Success Looks Like
Increase in new blog traffic, search rankings, and conversions
Upholding a clear and consistent Hubstaff voice and tone
Increase in driving traffic to the marketing site, trial sign-ups through content
Increase email subscriptions
Reports to Content Lead
Successful team members at Hubstaff:
# Own it - Have pride in the work you do and own it from start to finish. Do what you say you’re gonna do without being nudged.
# Prove it - Know your numbers. Show evidence for decisions and prove later that they worked. This earns respect.
# Trim it - Work efficiently, and recognize when time is being wasted. See opportunity for improvements. Don’t get bloated so that projects get slowed down by unneeded communication. This is why we keep teams small.
# Solve it - present solutions not problems, and think for yourself. You have permission to create. Creation adds value. Take charge and just get it done.
# Mean it - Share opinions honestly and respectfully. Don’t be afraid to pick a side and defend it.
# Feel it - Start with empathy. Not an assembly line. Take initiative and think with the customer in mind.
# Ship it - Act with urgency and choose simple over complex. It's better to release something early and iterate on it than perfect it first.
# Team Hubstaff - We’re in this together and we’re all on the same team. Have each other’s backs and take time to appreciate each other.
Sound good? Apply and let us know how you'd be a good fit for the Hubstaff team. We look forward to hearing from you!