Bluestream Health | U.S. Only | 6 months ago
HourlyIntermediate (2-5 years)Long-termUnder 30 hrs/wk
As a Medical Writer, you will work alongside the marketing team, producing high-quality material intended for the general public targeting clinics, health systems and healthcare IT developers. You will do both short and long form content from blogs, to white papers and press releases to website copy updates.
Who are you? That is a great question. You refuse to settle for the status quo. You apply your knowledge and understanding of the healthcare IT market and your desire to help people live happier, more productive lives to your daily work. You are a self-starter. You are not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You are highly analytical and enjoy working on a team.
· Researching: Work collaboratively with the Executive and Marketing Team to identify topics (big and small) to write about. Then, research topics in-depth while relying on scholarly resources for information.
· Writing: Write original copy while translating telehealth into easily-digestible information. Copy will include but not be limited to blogs, white papers, website updates and press releases.
· Editing: Review content written by our marketing or exec team for consistency and completeness. This requires clinical intuition to know what may be right or wrong, without needing to look up every single fact.
· Updating: Systematically review older content across all BSH platforms to update relevant facts and figures.
· Experienced writing for Healthcare IT market and in particular Telehealth, Telemedicine or Digital Health
· At least 2 years of experience writing about healthcare IT topics for the general public. This role is not appropriate for people who only have experience with non-medical writing, regulatory writing, writing for peer-reviewed journals, brochure writing, or creating slide decks
· Published writer in industry blogs, websites or research papers
· Experience writing for SEO and familiarity with sites such as Ahrefs and Clearscope (a bonus, but not necessary)
· Ability to communicate complex clinical and medical information to the lay public
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Adept at learning new technology
· We’re fully remote at the moment and want someone who is highly reliable and accountable working remote.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $40.00 - $50.00 per hour