FORCE | Unknown | 9 months ago
UnknownIntermediate (2-5 years)Long-termUnder 30 hrs/wk
The Staff Science and Education Writer is a part-time VIRTUAL position and can be located anywhere. The RA reports to the Vice President of Education.
The majority of effort will focus on writing lay-level reviews of research science in plain language for FORCE’s eXamining the Relevance of Articles for You (XRAY) program. Additional efforts include assisting with FORCE education and research efforts by developing website content, printed materials, webinars, and other education and communication materials about hereditary cancer, research participation and clinical trial enrollment.
Interested individuals should forward their CV or biosketch and writing samples written for a lay audience, if available, to email@example.com. Please note: due to the expected volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to applicants who send writing samples as requested and meet the qualifications listed below.
• PhD or comparable in biology, public health or related field
• Experience writing reports of scientific research for a lay audience
• Experience writing using plain language principles
• Experience understanding and analyzing research statistics
• Working knowledge of the clinical trial process, current genetics and cancer clinical care
• Ability to understand and summarize primary research literature
• Experience with Microsoft and online collaborative tools and software
• Ability to work as member of virtual team
• Working knowledge of current genetics and cancer research and clinical care
• Experience developing and analyzing surveys
• Experience in development of low-literacy level health education information
• Have access to complete scientific journal article