Lucid | Unknown | 9 months ago
HourlyIntermediate (2-5 years)Long-termUnder 30 hrs/wk
Lucid seeks an experienced technical Senior UX Writer to join our distributed UX and Design Team. As Lucid’s first UX Writer, you’ll work on the Product team to craft intuitive, focused product experiences for Lucid’s suite of market research products. Not only that, but you will craft the entire process of how content is created, delivered, and shared in the Lucid product ecosystem. As a Product writer, you will create language that helps guide, onboard, and eases the learning curve for new and established customers.
Although your job will primarily be content creation, you’ll also be expected to utilize your UX skills to understand our various audiences, participate in the UX and Design process, and to advocate for the user in every word, phrase, and instruction written. You will make decisions on how voice and tone is dispelled through our powerful, sophisticated and brilliant products. You will be a self-starter and will work independently to learn new features and functionality within Lucid’s platform. You will be a true user advocate and an all-powerful wielder of the written word.
- Write and edit clear, concise, jargon-free product copy (ie, in-app copy, notifications, error messages, product documentation, release notes, and more) that helps Lucid customers meet their business goals.
- Create processes and manage tools (including evaluating solutions and making tool recommendations) for publishing and hosting documentation for the Lucid support site, in-product guides & notifications, and all content-centric work in our products.
- Evangelize, showcase, and share the importance of great product content within the Lucid ecosystem.
- Serve as the “go-to” for any and all questions related to product content.
- Study customer behavior, user feedback and trends, and the market research competitive landscape and become a subject matter expert of all Lucid products.
- Champion the Lucid brand voice and style throughout all products and documentation.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and other stakeholders on a daily basis to ensure that customer needs are being met within our documentation.
- Work closely with Lucid’s product marketing team on key initiatives, such as product or feature launches, internal communications, and feature naming.
- Create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines for the suite of Lucid products.
- Communicate with all sales and customer-facing roles at Lucid to create a strong voice and tone for our suite of products.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Lucid’s Support Site - including possible creation of multimedia documentation and guidance (ie, screenshots, gifs, movies, audio).
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skills and effectiveness as a UX writer (not just a technical writer).
- A clear and friendly writing style.
- Experience creating documentation for technical, digital products and/or software.
- Experience writing and working with a CMS or other technical content management systems.
- Experience researching new and better ways to communicate to our users, whether that is auditing new tools, finding better methods of connecting in-app, or something totally new!
- Experience working with in-app Product communication software, such as AppCues or WalkMe.
- The ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects. You'll have plenty to do—know where your efforts will have the most impact.
- Experience being the first or an early UX Writer/content producer for a company (ie, - experience being a “new” function within a complex technical org).
- Technical familiarity with the following: digital marketplaces, supply and demand, utilizing big data, API documentation, and other related areas.
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional stakeholders and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back.
- An appetite for problem solving in a quickly-changing landscape. Demonstrated experience increasing product adoption through documentation and content strategy.