Wesley Community Service Center | Unknown | 3 months ago
UnknownIntermediate (2-5 years)Short-termUnder 30 hrs/wk
The grant writer will research and lead grant writing efforts. A primary focus of this position is to gather information from various departments and coordinate/write grant proposals for government, state, corporate and foundation funds.
1. Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
2. Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
3. Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
4. Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
5. Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
6. Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
7. Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
8. Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
9. Obtains approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and Executive Directors.
10. Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach and coordination.